Monday, April 10, 2006

4-1-06/ Morning
I came back here and put on a fire to heat up water for coffee and oatmeal. Not wanting to spend money on fancy camping equipment I purchased two aluminum cups and paper bowls. The larger cup would be used to heat the water which would be used for instant coffee in the smaller cup and oatmeal in the bowl. It took quite a while for the water to heat up, but I have nothing but time. The oatmeal turned out great, but I made the coffee way too strong, especially since I'm doing without my regular additions of sweetener and cream-- and I put in two scoops of instant Folgers instead of the recommended one.

After eating I read a little from Nouwen.

I'm suspecting that since I have been without anything to tell time since yesterday that it has been always earlier than what I think.

I'm tired and contemplating whether or not I need a post-breakfast nap or to walk to the little country store a couple of miles up the road to purchase a better cup of coffee than the one I just threw in the fire.

4-1-06/ Morning

I chose the nap and I'm glad. I have no clue how long I was out, but it felt like hours. I awoke to a sky that has cleared slightly, revealing the sun. I'm guessing the time is around 10:00 a.m.

4-1-06/ Mid to Late Morning

The sounds of the forest have healing powers.

My original neighbors, the father and son, left the campsite while I was taking my nap. They have left all their stuff out for the world to see, reassuring me that I can probably leave as well and not worry about my stuff being stolen. Not quite sure why I'm concerned with that, since I have nothing of worth.

As I sat down to read my neighbors on the other side (the truck that was there when I woke up this morning) began stirring. A young couple-- possibly college students. Away from civilization in the bed of a truck, deep in the forest. I'll call them Jack and Diane. I kept my back to them so they didn't see the ETBU shirt I'm wearing. If they are ETBU students they probably feel enough shame over their overnight activities.

I think I will take a walk up to that country store to purchase some hand soap.

I was under the impression there were showers somewhere in the park, but I guess I was wrong. I will arrive in Atlanta, TX on Monday a very dirty individual.

Earlier I walked down the path to the restrooms and was reminded that CLSP is, in fact, a park and quite a few people make use of it. There are families in canoes and young people with picnic things. It is a beautiful day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home